INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING NOMINATION APPLICATION
FOR THE YEAR 2021
SELECTION AND PRESENTATION IN 2022
RESIDENCE REQUIREMENTS FOR NOMINEES:
– A Nominee must have lived in the Tustin Unified School District (TUSD) boundaries for the full year for which he or she is being nominated, or
– A Nominee must have owned and personally operated a business licensed within the boundaries of the TUSD for a minimum period of five (5) years immediately preceding his or her nomination, or
– A Nominee must have been the on-site manager of such business for said minimum period, and
– A Nominee must have done a significant amount of volunteer work in the TUSD boundaries for said minimum period.
Note: Candidates must be nominated by a recognized local organization and/or by a Life Member from Tustin Area Man and Woman of the Year Committee (TAMWYC).
A candidate may be nominated in two consecutive years. However, a Nominator is not obligated or required to (continue) nominating the candidate for two consecutive years.
NOMINATOR WILL BE EXPECTED TO HOST NOMINEE AND SPOUSE OR GUEST at a cost of $75.00 per person at the presentation dinner on Friday, June 3, 2022. When your organization’s decision is made regarding the number of tickets desired, please:
- Send payment for ticket(s) by U.S. Postal Service or hand deliver to: TAMWYC, PO Box 3338, Tustin, CA 92781
A nomination will not be considered unless dinner tickets are registered as paid, by 6:00 PM on SATURDAY, MARCH 19, 2022
Applications must be submitted before or on Friday, March 18th to be considered.
TAMWY Tips for a Successful Nomination Application
TAMWYC considers candidates who display LEADERSHIP in a variety of their many community volunteer activities. Those who volunteer by being a member of a committee are valued and are properly honored annually by other organizations. The consistent leadership roles in various committees and in multiple community organizations is what TAMWYC looks for in an eligible nominee. We also value those who have unselfishly given so much of their personal time to this community, not seeking a reward or recognition.
More significant points to consider when completing the application:
- Evidence of true leadership and community impact. Organizing a task or entity and/or Initiating a worthwhile project.
- Quality of track record. Show headline accomplishments (President of, Founder of, etc.), but don’t fill up space to make the nomination look longer.
- No emphasis on partisan politics.
- Make sure you indicate the DATES of the activity/event you are listing.
- TACFA-President: 2 terms, 2015-16, 2016-17
- BITP Chairperson: 2008, 2009, 2017
- TPSF-Grants Committee Chairperson: 1990 – present
- Treasurer: 2010 – 2012
- Secretary: 2004-2006, 2008 – 2010
- Dinosaur Dash Chairperson: 1996, 2012
- Volunteer Bookkeeper: 2010 – present